Last year, in April, I got the opportunity to work with a leading Edtech company based out of Bangalore.
My friend referred me to this company, connected me to the Co-founder. Referrals are gold mine. Create your network.
The company was facing many challenges in terms of Digital Marketing when I joined as an independent consultant. Including increasing online presence and organic traffic. As India was locked down in March 2020, there was a surge of traffic on Educational website and the company was upbeat about that and wanted to capture more traffic.
I focused on SEO first to capture organic traffic for their blog. The result.
You can download the case study here.
- 5K to 51K clicks/day (weekly avg) in 11 Months in Google Search Console. Increase of 900%.
- 3,342 keywords to 10,452 keywords ranking on First page of Google in 11 Months [ SEMrush ]. Increase of 212% in keyword coverage.
- 3.2K to 26K Avg Organic Sessions/day in 11 Months.
The main challenge company was facing related to scaling Organic Traffic from Google –
- No Clear Strategy
- Creating lot of content with out any plan
- Technical SEO issues
These were 3 major challenges, along with many other issues.
So as I started working the first thing I did was doing extensive SEO & Website audit.
What were the findings?
- Keyword Research & mapping was not done due diligently
- Category mapping was not done effectively
- Silo Structure was not followed properly
- Continuously content was not updated
- Team was not oriented towards solving the targeted groups (TG) problem
- Content Marketing
- Focus on Specific Topics
- Increase Topical Relevancy [E-A-T]
- Completing Silo Structure
- Periodically update old content
- Technical Content
- Improve Internal Linking
- Improve Crawling & Indexing
- Focus on Structured Data like FAQ Schema, How-To Schema, Practice Problems Schema
- Periodic Site Audit and improvement in Website Performance
These 2 strategy worked in favor and I was able to scale the blog.